Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

November 21, 2012....Thanksgiving is an American holiday that many dedicate to spending time with family and friends. It's a great day to reflect on the many blessings that have been showered on America over the past two+ centuries. Many of us, Christian and Jewish, give thanks to the Almighty for every good thing that America has been --  and pray for its future.

Personally, I am very blessed. I have a beautiful, loving family and too many friends to count. I thank each of you who read this blog and send me wonderful comments -- and I welcome those who have not written, to do so. I love to hear from you.

This is my holiday to cook the family turkey (my daughter and son-in-law do Christmas dinner), so I want to take this opportunity to wish each and every blog reader a Happy Thanksgiving Day.



Recipe: Turkey Veggie Platter

6 comments:

Pig said...

. I thank each of you who read this blog and send me wonderful comments --

I'm s'posed to read this stuff before commenting? How come?

...and I welcome those who have not written, to do so. I love to hear from you.

OH BOY! Be careful of what you wish for most certainly would apply here.................

birdbrain said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Love that veggie platter, Honey. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving,

--Frankj

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving...going on 3am about time to get stuffing the turkey...the menu for today:

Turkey with traditional bread sage stuffing cooked inside the turkey (yum-yum)

Rice stuffing (brown and wildrice) dried sweet cherries, dried sour cherries, dried currant, raisins, dried applesdried apple, turkey juice, garlic roasted pecans, toasted walnuts.

Canddied yams with apricots

mash potatoes

sweet corn
cauliflower
broccoli

cranberry sauce

Mock German potato salad

turkey ham with apricot glaze

apple pie
pear pie
chocolate cake

Happy Thanksgiving...

tfb

Bluce said...

Thanks Honey, same to you!

Bartee said...

Happy thanksgiving to all and to honeybee and her family,, lets hope that all will go well this end of the year and 2013.. looking forward to good times,,, ya hoo,,,